Day Hospice provides people with palliative care needs the opportunity to access the services of the Hospice on a day basis. It also gives an opportunity to meet with others for peer support as well as meeting with members of the Hospice team. They will help you identify goals which you want to achieve and will review these with you regularly.
Day Hospice can:
- Offer nursing assessment and intervention.
- Offer access to other hospice clinical team members.
- Give the opportunity to become familiar with the hospice and meet staff.
- Provide peer support.
- Gives an opportunity for you to talk through any fears or worries.
- Offer access to Complementary Therapies.
- Give respite to family and carers.
Day Hospice currently operates three days per week – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are places for up to 10 people daily. Transport can be provided to the hospice in our car or wheelchair accessible minibus.
For further information, please download our Day Hospice PDF leaflet.
Click here to download our Day Hospice information leaflet